Saturday 31 January 2009

Faced with Choices

The 28th of January 2009 stand out as a significant date in this stage of my life.

While having our chat Elbrie and I went on debating. When we acknowledge and say that “by the stripes of Jesus I was healed” according to 1 Peter 2:24; prophesied by Isaiah found in chapter 53:5 many centuries ago; spoken by David in Psalms 103:3; Jesus walking the earth and healed everybody brought to Him; we need to act upon God’s word because that is what we believe. His Word is the only truth! How do I act if it is invisible to me?

I have no pain in my body and the pain which appeared every now and then I learned to speak to it in Jesus Name and experienced an almost immediate response of lifting from my body. A pain across my chest persisted longer but I did not give up praising the Lord for what He has already done for me. All kinds of negative thoughts bombarded me which I choose not to entertain according to 2 Corinthians 10: 3 for though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

How do I overcome everyday; this thing is in my face when I have to eat? Can I just skip the eating part? No that will be unwise I will keep on loosing too much weight. My hope is like Jesus said in John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” Friends this is my choice to believe in Him and I never want to ever change it.

I have listened to many good teachings by Andrew Wommack a link to his website is http://www.awme.net/ His basic Word teachings brought many things down in my life and God’s Word started to release His mind in me over these past months since the diagnosis. There are certain patterns and believes that have changed in me forever. I want you to know this is God’s grace and glory I want to give to Him forever my life.

Every time confusion hits I made a choice to embrace God’s Word rather than negative thoughts for example: “I would speak out loud to myself and say ‘I deny you the right (this thought) to take root in my mind’” and then I will praise the Lord out loud. I found this to work for me and then the peace of God takes over. I don’t know how to explain this “knowing in my innermost being that I know that I know God has healed me”. I share this with you because it is about a journey of my whole being. There is times when you battle with yourself while Jesus is standing there and just want us to know His love is immeasurable and everlasting.

He WILL never leave us nor forsake us; Joshua 1:5; Hebrew 13:5b; Psalm 9:10 he cannot because that is not who He is. I have realised that I act selfish and immature by blaming Him for things I did not understand. His Word is clear and will never change we have to change and embrace His Word and allow His Holy Spirit to teach us by just asking Him.
As we read Psalm 78 can I still doubt who He is? Can I still argue? No because I believe His Word as the breath of my life.

I praise Him that He is steadfast, unchanging and that I can know my hope for a future is secure in Him. Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
This Word I embrace and repeat many a times not to change and manipulate God but to build me up and change me.

I am not finish with the 28th Jan. 09. I used this opportunity to tell you a bit of ones walk day by day and choices that becomes life-breathing choices in ones life. I don’t want you to paint a picture that I do not experience things that you also experience.

No comments: