Saturday 10 January 2009

The after effects of chemo...but God's glory manifested!

As you will notice I have fallen behind updating my blog over the Christmas time! We had such a lovely blessed time together as a family. All our children were with us since the 24th – 27th and the boys could stay for longer up till after New Year. We really consider ourselves as blessed and we are grateful to our Father. We could Skype our family in the USA and South Africa and that was so good.
Le Roux’s brother from the USA called me and shared what the Lord showed him in church when he went up for praying for me. A lady stood behind him and she spoke to him that God says what he has asked for is accomplished as she touched him he felt the power of God through him and saw showers like rain coming down from heaven. We could rejoice together and thank God for his showers of blessing and power over our lives and in my body.

I believe this will be an encouragement to all of you praying and standing with us in this time of our journey. In the previous blog I mentioned about the side effect I experienced. They subsided in about three days and none of the others made any appearance. Thank you Jesus how grateful I am! Thank you for your continuous prayers and the sharing of God’s Word with us. The friends, who popped in, thank you.

I had loads of energy and was able to put my hand to some of the household chores. I could help Le Roux closing down the purchase ledger for December at our business just ready to be put through BACS payment and get the remittance advices out to the suppliers.

As my fireball daughter said the other day to me: “Mom, never stop praising God because you are walking every second in His manifested power and healing.” As my sister in SA heard how good it went after the chemo she was rejoicing and confirmed that this is a miracle!

I also had the opportunity to Skype a new friend, Heidi in the USA. She has also the challenge of cancer but it was good to speak to her and encourage each other in Jesus’ Name.

May you be lifted up to seek His fullness for your challenges in everyday?
Jesus said: Matthew 6:25 & 35 (New International Version)
Do Not Worry
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Although as we continue reading between these verses we realise that Father God even wants us to live in His blessings for our everyday needs here on earth. He is our source of everything pertaining to life and needs in the physical.

No comments: