Wednesday 28 January 2009

Celebrations!!!

In the weeks past I had telephone contact with our family is South Africa, Pierre and Jeanne, Helena and Andre and Glenda my friend in Sandton. Oh it was such a blessing to speak to you.

It was great to Skype with our wonderful Mom in South Africa. Technology made it easy because Ouma could see us but unfortunately she did not have her webcam with her. Mom it is time for another Skype!!! Elma, my husband precious sister also in SA, we had a wonderful chat on the Skype messages!

Right through I had friends emailing and on Facebook send their love and messages, came to visit at home. By the click of a button the world came into our homes. Thank you precious friends for your encouraging comments on the blog.

We had a wonderful weekend with our precious family the Diederiks up north in England, whom slept over at our place…because it was three important men’s birthdays! Joshua, turned nine, Daniel turned six months and LeRoux turned ohhh-whooo can’t remember!!! All our children were here and our dear friends Lizette, JC and family. Aghh how good was that!!!

Second chemo went down well with minimal side effects. I had some difficulty to eat or rather have an appetite. The great Carer and my children helped me through loads of battles in the mind during that week and of cause I can’t get pass my earthly carer, LeRoux.

I am preparing for the third chemo tomorrow. This might sound funny, but hey we need to laugh more in life…God’s word says it is good for the bones! I have the opportunity to build myself continuously with His Word. I do love it!

Almost every morning my wonderful husband writes something connected with the Word of God to me. I want to close with this:

“Phil 4:4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We have prayed, we turned to the Lord, and now it is time to rest in Him. He is near. He is with you. He knows your every need, your pain, you hearts desire. Let His peace flood your whole body. Just receive it, let it wash you like water, inside and outside.
I pray that you will experience his overwhelming peace today.”

I would like to pass God's overwhelming peace to you as well. Let us not slack in praising our Lord for His goodness in the small and greater things in our daily lives.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Oh Elmien - what a tremendous blessing you are to us all. I was so encouraged by your blog. It seemed like the Lord used Leroux also to speak scriptures that I just needed - what a blessing and encouragemnet. We continue to pray and thank the Lord every day for your healing. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Lots of love
Terry

Elmien Cilliers said...

Terry, thanks for your encouragement. Yes Leroux speaks into my life day by day. He is a wise husband. I thank the Lord for him.
Lots of love