Saturday 31 January 2009

Preparing a testimony

Prior to the third chemo God dropped little nuggets of challenges in my spirit – “write and prepare a testimony”, which I kept in my heart and spoke to Him about. Last week on the 28th Elbrie my daughter was with me and asked if we could have a chat while Daniel is sleeping and we enjoy something warm to drink, me just having my normal sips of water!

She started straight to the point – “I have been praying for you and asked God straight questions. Today I want to deliver my thoughts which I believe are inspired by His Spirit.”

“Mom you need to write a testimony and prepare.”
What could I say more? Father God has spoken and fireball Elbrie was calm, cool and determent in delivering her message.

Staring at her I thanked God deep in my heart. Looking back on a decade thinking – ‘Father I have no other agenda but to praise you. You have shown yourself as the Almighty Father in this decade in my life’. This is my daughter I have fought for when the enemy wanted to destroy her – and here she is sitting in front of me, standing with me now and not cringing to be straight and delivering God’s confirmation.

I remembered my husband said to me seven months ago: “I am preparing to release you from the business because God showed me I need to release you for ministry!” That same following Sunday at church God confirmed through a minister from Uganda I remember his name as Trevor, that God shows him Leroux needs to release me for ministry.

At that stage my carnal mind rushed and I asked how this is going to happen. I am a bookkeeper and love accountancy and everything my husband taught me from his years of experience as a professional accountant and consultant. I could not see beyond the carnal mind!!! I remember Leroux and Trevor saying, “Don’t worry God will lead the way and take you through, it is for His purposes.”

Elbrie lightened up with a twinkle in the eye, “I will help you and here is my thoughts, pray about it, get the Scriptures of God’s Word together and write, I will help with the editing, print it, read and learn it, speak and teach it to yourself using the mirror.” That was it!!!

2 comments:

elbriedekock said...

hehe...mom you are so sweet in all the things you write! It is truly amazing to read your blog. I can hardly remember all the things we spoke about, so it must have been God speaking through me! I am so excited about what God has install for you and preparing you for.
We continue to praise God for His provision and goodness in your life, every day is a miracle and every we see God's mercies anew! I love you lots and lots. So proud of my brave and courageous mom!

Elmien Cilliers said...

Elbrie, Yes God is using you to speak into your Mom's life amazingly. You know what I am listening!!!

Love you lots
Mom