Saturday 10 January 2009

The weekend before the second chemo

The weekend before the second chemo I wet my hair with my fingers to ease them after the night’s sleep which I am sure most of us has to do!!! Oh dear my fingers was full of hair! Not natural… then I remembered the doctor warned me about hair starting to loosen up about the third week. Every time one runs one’s fingers through you need the dustbin nearby!
I was emotional and a bit teary but then LeRoux came into the room ready to hug and assure me this can be overcome. What an angel of a husband God has given me.

I wrote to all of our children an email and ask them to come up with suggestions…whose style in the family or well hmmm; will they recommend. Will I keep to Gabriel our son and Daniel our little new grandson’s boldness? Rather choose Joshua, our other grandson which is eight years and his dad, Marcus our daughter’s husband – they are funky! Then of cause there is Johan our other son before he cut it a few days after and LeRoux’s style – to boring! What about Elbrie’s long sleek hair - oh la-la!!! Decision is made Elbrie and I will visit the wigs place not far from us as soon as I get an appointment.

Elbrie my fireball’s response and love through her email shot me up like a beam to face it positively.
Hi Mom,
I am slightly saddened by your news, but I am encouraged by your amazing email and your faith. If we put it into perspective, this is not something to allow our hearts to be troubled. God's plan is not our plan and God's ways are not our ways. We know that our outer bodies are mere vessels for our spirit man, so it doesn't really matter what they look like, but more what our spirit man "looks" like.
1 Peter 3:3-5 (New International Version)
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewellery and fine clothes. 4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.
Proverbs 31:29-31 (New International Version)
29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I particularly love the verse in Peter that says we should have a gentle and quiet spirit. We should not be loud, announcing our problems, fears, etc. but wait upon the Lord - it reminds me again of that verse that says - Be still, and know that I am God! He has our past, present and future in the palm of His hand and there is no one greater than Father God, so what on earth shall we be afraid of.
Marcus and I are standing with you mom, and the rest of the family, we are trusting God all the way for His miraculous power and intervention in your life, Josh's & Daniel's lives! You are all so precious and I just know God still has a BIG plan for you three!
Love you lots and lots,
Elbs

My big sons came and hugged me; we were so relaxed and chatty!
My sister Skype the evening and assured me I am walking already in a miracle with such a good God report she is hearing, remember they went through this at the beginning of the year and experienced God’s miracle after three months of chemo with their son. He was already in stage four when diagnosed and after his first scan was clear. He was also treated at the same time with the alternative IV Vitamin C. This is to the glory of our majestic, awesome Father God we serve. Hallelujah – translated – Praise the Lord/literally means “you must all praise the Lord” – Yah is the shorter form for God’s holy name Yahweh!

Monday arrived and so did mother and daughter on the doorstep of the wig professionals! The consulting started and what a laugh – good for the bones and flesh. After a good two hours I walked out - a new lady – not to funky but well to begin with – ha-ha-ha! My darling wanted me blond! Auk wena! (Zulu for-‘oh you’).

No comments: