Saturday 10 January 2009

Praise the Lord

I am so grateful to Kay and Sally from our church who visited me yesterday after the chemo to pray with me. Hi blessings, I feel absolutely wonderful. Thanks for your dedication. Sally shared Psalm 136:1-9. I say yes to Him and am grateful for His loving kindness.

Michelle from church thank you for your book mark which reminds me everyday. Mark 9:23 “All things are possible to him who believes”

When reading this morning the following verses I want to share it because it will be an encouragement to you and me.

1 John 3: 1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

We may not know what the future holds, and that may make us uncertain or even afraid. No - we can bask in the sun of His love, the assurance that he is in control and that he has prepared everything for us. As His children we can have hope, we can rest and be assured.

Have a wonderful day.
Hallelujah, yes and amen!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

4 comments:

RinaHuckfield said...

Elmien..... I praise Jesus for your amazing strength and the passion you have for Him! You are an example to many, many people! I pray for you daily and am sooooo excited to see what God is doing in your body, but I'm especially excited about your faith that is steadfast and strong!! You may know this song, but I would like to give you the beautiful (so appropriate) words written and sung by Lara Martin from the Abundant Life church in Bradford! Title: The Voice of Hope! "As high as the heavens are above the earth, So high are Your ways to mine. Ways so perfect they never fail me. I know You are good all the time. And through the storm, yet I will praise You! Despite it all, yet I will sing. Through good or bad, yet I will worship, for You remain the same, King of Kings! You are the voice of hope, the anchor of my soul. Where there seems to be no way, You make it possible. You are the Prince of peace amidst adversity. My lips will shout for joy, to You, the Most High! You were the One before time began. There's NOTHING beyond your control! My confidence, my assurance, rest in Your unchanging Word!!" You are loved.... Rina

elbriedekock said...

Mom, boy have you been writing loads. Thank you for posting your blog it is so encouraging and even though I walk this journey with you almost every day, it is so good to have a reminder of what God has spoken to you. You are so blessed with so many friends and family praying for you. Love you lots

Bev said...

Elmien, what a wonderful encouragement this is to me! To anyone! I thank and praise Him for touching your life so mightily so that you can reach out to others. Please know that your life counts and many lives are being touched. BUT we are all standing with you for complete healing!

Much love always..........Bev

Elmien Cilliers said...

I thank the Lord for every one of you. Always ready to share and encourage.

Love you lots
Elmien