Saturday 10 January 2009

First chemo session...

The morning on the day of the first chemotherapy, I was very uncertain and nervous. My mind raced with loads of questions.

My sister, Helena and I spoke to each other the day before the first chemo. She taught me to speak God’s Word to these drugs as it drips through. “Touch the tubes and speak of God’s glory and life, knowing that Jesus is just here with me; your spirit is His special dwelling place. Speak to all the side effects listed as the medical staff gave it. God has given us authority through Jesus to proclaim His Word!”

I was armoured with God’s word which He gave to me early in the morning. Mark16:18 “they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
I believe this was from the Heart of God, quickened by the Holy Spirit in me, I knew I will enter this way with His Word always on my lips.

Then Psalm 91:10 “then no harm will befall you; no disaster will come near your tent.” I read the whole Psalm and was encouraged, building my faith and set my heart to praise my Father for His grace towards me.

I should share some of the routine in our house now. Early in the morning Le Roux, husband will prepare all the juices needed for the day. He grinds the organic oats to fine flour and makes me some poridge which he sometimes still needs to push through a sieve. He brought my porridge early this time because of the treatment later the morning…he was standing looking at me and said, "This morning God spoke and showed me how ‘you stand enveloped in a column of light from heaven’".

My mobile started to bleep with messages, encouraging scriptures of our friends and children all over. My spirit received and I continued to praise my Lord with thankfulness…His cloud of witnesses around me, amazing God. Boldness rose within me to go to hospital and knowing His presence is with me, ready to command the chemo only to hit the cancer cells and not harming anything else, which we did as it was administered.

After the chemo I felt a bit dizzy and shaky but my mouth didn’t stop speaking God’s Word over my body. The immediate side effects listed was pins and needles sensation in my hands and calves and muscle spasm although also set of with the cold weather or anything cold you touch, but I kept on speaking to it using the Word of the Lord. I knew deep down He is my redemption as He has promised in:

Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

No comments: