Sunday 1 February 2009

Kindling a Vision

Elbrie’s time of chatting to me the morning of 28th Jan 09 was God ordained. We just spontaneously went into prayer and declared God’s glory. I used the opportunity to submit and say ‘YES’. As I was fulfilling my duties the rest of the day looking after Daniel the seed started to germinate. Vision started to form in my innermost being.

Pastor Russell and Gerrie (his wife) Chadwick made an appointment to visit with us in the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening, shared and laughed much!!! Thanks, it was health to the bones as Proverbs declares.

I shared with them about Elbrie and our chat the same morning. Ideas started to flow. Wow is this how God put things in place without me feeling under threat. If you know Russell he has a way to say things but it leaves an impact. Russell and Gerrie spontaneously invited me to share my testimony at their church service. Gerrie said that they are waiting for a date and reminded me with a follow-up email.

I know I want to be obedient to my Lord and He is my only desire. I became aware of how I have allowed the Word of God to wash away much of the carnal mind and penetrate my spirit.

Then we prayed, proclaimed and declared God’s glory, goodness and healing. We had an awesome time with the Father, Jesus and His Spirit praying for each other. Russell imparted God’s anointing on my life. No bells and whistle just straight forward and plain. We were so aware of God’s presence and peace amongst us. It is good to see our prayer partners and experience their hearts.

Leroux mentioned about a vision God gave him just after the diagnosis.
He saw me standing with God’s light penetrating my body. From my belly a multitude of flaming arrows shot forth ministering to those around me.
I remembered Leroux mentioned it previously but I could not perceive and receive it then. It was very far off. As he prompted me this evening it changed into reality and kindled vision in me. I was overjoyed and excited. I have my first assignment as Elbrie so rightly declared that same morning.

I knew God had loads of patience with me. He took me by the hand and led me through green pastures; He is gentle and kind – Psalm 23. What He longs for is my relationship with Him; works doesn’t impress Him because He loved us in spite of our performance. His love was even steadfast before He spoke the foundation of the earth into being.

This morning I continued reading Ephesians 4 & 5 and was blessed by God’s precious Word, Paul says:
1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 comment:

Bill Oswald said...

Hi Elmien,
Just to say,I'm inspired by your testimony.My thoughts and prayers are with you and may God bless your socks off!!!!

En agape


Bill Oswald