Thursday 26 February 2009

Further Results

Last week I had a CT scan and the results was shared with us this morning. There were a reduction of the size of the tumour and some reduction in the liver, so no increased growth. This is a good God report because I believe the first report is not the last report!

I had some good days and bad days concerning eating during the last few weeks. My family did not budge and kept on making me eat to retain weight. I had a warning from the oncologist a week ago that the white blood cell count is very low. I should keep away from crowds, groups of people and visitors that might feel a cold or flu.

I called my sister in SA and her knowledge was well rewarded. I increased the bio mega oil, shark liver oil and nutrients. This was good advice and Leroux kept very strict in administering it, prayer, speaking God’s word and believing the truth of the Word brought a change. In a week’s time the blood count shot up and I could have the fourth chemo treatment today.

Today I ate the food of the hospital with good results. Usually when I get home after such a chemo session I sleep and can’t eat because of any appetite. Today I parked on our bed, felt so good and helped Leroux with getting the remittance advices out to our suppliers.
I started to feel hungry and I even had an evening light bite, to me it is more than a miracle! I give God all the glory!

Elbrie sent me some encouraging word from Isaiah 55:1-13 and asked me to meditate on it while having the chemo.

God is a big God. His word is the ultimate authority and will never change. His word will accomplish what He has desired and purposed it for. He says that He has made an everlasting covenant (means He is standing in our place) with us. We should seek Him while we can and He will not forsake us.

If we think about thoughts we know that there is no way that we do not think about something every moment of the day. He says His thoughts and ways are higher than ours; this gives us the security that Father God is not thinking small about us. He is longing that we will build a relationship with Him.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Elmien, what a joy to hear your wonderful testimony. Thanks so much for being so strong and sharing the faith that is keeping you going. We love you and are praying for you!

Louwtjie Kotzé said...

Praise God! We pray that you will become stronger every day and that the cancer cells will just shrink away into oblivion! Lovies, Louwtjie