Tuesday 3 February 2009

Giving thanks to the Lord

I want to give thanks to the Lord! In all this time since treatment started I have never experienced all the dreaded side effects they warned me about. I lost my hair but what is that in comparison to fight everyday against feeling very ill. To me this is the Lord’s miracle power I am walking in day by day. Psalm 103: 2 ‘Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits’.

Early after this diagnosis God woke me up and made me look to my hands. God reminded me of Ephesians1:19 – 22 (Amplified)
19 And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us, who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,
20 Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],
21 Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come.

As I looked at my hands, I knew God showed me His resurrection power is in my hands, ‘put your hands on your body and receive life’ as I did, joy flooded me. Belief and knowing took hold in my spirit. I have found a renewed relationship with the Lord by reading His word. I ask the Holy Spirit to help and teach me. I have not arrived. Everyday I have to allow the Word of God to take root and grow in me.

No comments: