Tuesday 3 February 2009

A significant breakthrough!

Third chemo was scheduled for the 29th Jan.2009. The oncologist was not happy with a further drop in weight and pleaded with me to add the fats and proteins – butter – full cream milk, cream to everything I eat!!! 'Please eat chocolates', but even that could not entice me. Oh boy I had the taste in my mouth. I tried all and can’t face it any longer!!! Chocolates I never bowed the knee to since the diagnosis because I learned that sugar enhances cancer.

There was a delay in the results of the blood tests so Leroux went to the office. I usually order the hospital lunch for LeRoux as I cannot eat it. As the lunch arrived I called him. He encouraged me to eat the soup.

I tested the soup which was tasty and fresh.
Then temptation struck!!! On the side plate was the most delicious whole wheat seeded bread roll, crusty and inviting with good butter on the side! Oh man it just call out to me – eat me eat me!!! Who can resist? I picked up the bread roll open, smell, break and butter it! I said ‘Oh Lord it is not liquidised, bless it to my body I am going to bite it!’ Without a second thought I bit into it and chewed…divine…divine…I swallowed and it went straight through without a problem. I could not stop eating and praising the Lord. I called my direct family to share the good news and praised the Lord. Then the results of the blood count came: “Mrs Cilliers your white blood cell count is to low no chemo today, you can go home. You will have a week’s grace.”

Since that tempting little bread roll I did not stop to eat proper food again, wonderful omelettes, cheesy melt downs, a cooked breakfast. Yesterday I even had dinner with the boys at our house which I prepared myself. Everyday I speak the resurrection life of Jesus over my body and praise the Lord for His goodness. I keep on praising and reminding Jesus of what He said in Psalm 103:5
5 Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!

So let us rejoice!!!
Phil 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!!! That is SUCH GOOD NEWS!!! and LONG MAY IT LAST!! :) :) :)

Bless you, Elmien!

Marion xxx

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!!! Your faith really inspires me.

Lots of love
Daena
xxx

Elmien Cilliers said...

I praise God because His faithfulness endures forever!!!Let us grow-up in Him by believing His word and ask the Holy Spirit to teach us. What a Father, Jesus asked Him to sent us His Holy Spirit... how much love He even sent His Spirit to dwell within us forever!