Friday 6 February 2009

Third chemo no fear because I knew my Father is there.

A bit of background. With the second chemo I had many attacks in my mind and I went in apprehensive. I suffered in my mind but as I mentioned in a previous blog my kids were there to straighten my thoughts through God's Word.

The third chemo was scheduled 5th February 2009 but I decided to seek my Father and He was faithful to me He prepared and sealed it last night while I was communing with Him. All His promises flowed out of my heart and I praised Him for His faithfulness. Hezekiah came to mind. God granted his desire before the prophet Isaiah even passed the middle court of the palace. You can read all about this in 2 Kings 20.
While praising I saw and knew Jesus who said on the cross, “It is finished” John 19:28 – 30. I thanked and praise Him for all his goodness in my body through these last months. A great peace washed over me and I slept well.

Elbrie called me at the hospital and mentioned about their home group from their church was praying for me last night and they were reminded of Hezekiah. Isn’t Farther God so good confirming my thoughts? He is the great “I AM” Exodus 3:13 & 14 - 13 "And Moses said to God, Behold, when I come to the Israelites and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me, What is His name? What shall I say to them?
14 And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!"
We should never limit Him rather choose to know Him better by reading and meditating on His Word.

I read John 13 -16 while chemo was dripping through my veins. Jesus lifted my spirit with his teachings. I can recommend reading it in one session.

This was the evening when Jesus was betrayed. He knew what was coming and continued to speak into the disciple’s lives. He knew about the challenges they will be faced with and warned them in such an excellent, encouraging way.
John 13:3 “Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God;” Jesus knew who he was; he had a purpose to fulfil. He took action by washing the feet of the disciples. He demonstrates the servant leader whom leads from a personal security because He knew His position with His Father.
Jesus predicts His betrayal and sent Judas Iscariot on his way.

He gives us a new commandment John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Then they went on their way into the night of Jesus’ betrayal and to accomplish the reason God sent Jesus – perfect atonement, redemption, healing and salvation to all people of the world.
John 15 He teaches us to abide in Him and His words because He is the Vine and we are the branches.

The Holy Spirit will come to be our Teacher and Comforter. John 16:12 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you."
This is amazing because we know the Spirit lives in us as we acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God in our lives.

What stood out to me was how Jesus repeatedly encouraged us how to ask. John 16:23 “In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." Continuing in verse 26 "In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.”

John 17 Jesus prayed, one of my favourite chapters. It always reminds me of the present, His position, the disciples and their commission, their protection and positions in the world and of the future. Us who will believe in Jesus in the ages to come. It is worth while to read, meditate on and recognise who you are in Him.

Excellent material to renew our minds.

I ate well at the hospital even ate their food and left the hospital on a high note. I believe the reason for this was because I spent time with God’s Word. I am doing very well today a bit of pins and needles in my hands and feet but that disappeared now by keeping warm. By now you should know I take authority in Jesus' Name and speak to these hands and feet!!! Ahh-haa good stuff!

May we recognise God’s blessings on our lives continuously and rejoice.

3 comments:

Terry said...

Your testimony is such an encouragement to me. We love you lots
Terry

Elmien Cilliers said...

You are such a blessing. Stand on God's word.

We love you too!
Elmien

john said...

Hi Elmein, Great to here from you, and also great to here things have gone well.
Love John & Family x