Thursday 2 April 2009

Inspired by the life story of a history maker.

I read a book, ‘The life of Smith Wigglesworth’ by Jack Hywel-Davies. His life story inspired me and demonstrated God’s goodness and grace.

Smith Wigglesworth was a tough, forthright Yorkshire man, plumber by trade and ran a successful plumbing business. He could not read or write but his loving wife taught him to read using the Bible. According to the writer that was all he read. God got hold of him and changed him. He was baptised with the Holy Spirit. He travelled all over the world preaching the Good news of Jesus’ salvation and healing the sick. His tenacity and dedication to God strikes one.

What blessed me was how he demonstrated and taught on faith. He said, there was only one way to the glories of Jesus and that is by ‘faith’. One can have zeal without faith.

Zeal was demonstrated by the disciples when Peter (Acts 12:1-18) was thrown in jail and they prayed fervently to God to intervene. As God miraculously released Peter from prison and Peter knocked on the door of the disciples to let him in they could not believe it was Peter at the door. They were zealous but lacked faith.

He taught that lack of faith was a lack of feeding on God’s Word. When we are taken up with the glorious presence of our living Jesus, our faith in God will become alive within us. The only way to accomplish that will be to know God and we can only know Him through His Word.

We cannot go by feelings that I will go to heaven but I know that if I confessed Jesus as the Son of God and believe in my heart (inner being) I am saved. To help us understand; read this wonderful Word of God.

Romans 10:9-13; 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame. 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
I know it because God’s Word says it and I believe God’s Word.

Jesus our friend forever, John 15:14 -15; 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

I just wanted to share this with you.

No comments: