Sunday 5 April 2009

The Gardener at work



The 15th of March 2009

During the week as I was looking out of our windows I stood in awe seeing the new buds pushing their heads through on the trees. I enjoyed the beautiful colours and shapes of flowers starting to fill our garden. The pots on the veranda looked like flower bouquets!
As I was praising God at the evening for the pleasure He brought to me from my own garden the heavens just opened. I was dressed with the most beautiful flowers of all shapes and colours and flower petals rained on me! I worshipped my Father for His goodness, mercies and love. In my spirit I experienced what He was showing to me. All the flowers have different shapes and colours they are so specially created by our Lord and so are we much more worthy than the flowers. All people of all kinds of colour and nations are important and valuable to Him.

Matthew 6:28-34

Do Not Worry

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

God brought John 15:1-8 to my mind and I knew I will be making a little bouquet of flowers the next morning before church and give this short testimony to encourage the people. Father God is my gardener and he is pruning me, taking away all dead branches to stimulate knew growth, to His glory.

John 15

The True Vine

1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

After the service, Lois’ (a friend of mine at church) father of over eighty years said to me he also believe that God wants to tell me I am His friend according to John 15:9-17 He encouraged me to give my testimony and know that God is making a way for me all to His glory. What a blessing to have wise people shaped by their life experiences speaking into ones life.
Love and Joy Perfected
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

I love God’s Word. He is good and His loving kindness and mercies endures forever.


No comments: