Saturday 6 December 2008

In the beginning...

On the first four days...


My husband, did not stop to care and love me, took me to the hospital and consulting rooms, keeping me close, asking the questions in my place, extracting healthy vegies and friut juices through the juicer. At night he read to me Ps. 91 & 100. I thank God for this precious man he gave to me 32 years ago to be my husband. The kindness of God flows out of him. God even blessed me with His perfect choice for my life. I love you my Angel.


My daughter sent me this email in the morning before the first visit to the consultant.
"Just want to say that I am thinking about you today and praying for you that you will be "Brave and Courageous" just like Joshua in the Bible. Here is a little verse of encouragement: 6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

After the gastroscopy on Tuesday, the 2nd December 2008 and what the doctor saw looked bleak... a tumour. I knew after I heard the medical side, it is God's verdict which is the most important to me. What does Father God has to say? His Word rose up in my spirit, '...by the stripes(wounds) of Jesus I was healed(past tense)' 1 Peter 2:24. Jesus has finished the work in His body on the cross, I can jump for joy, it is settled!!!


My children arranged to skype and pray with us. The power of God's Word and the anointing released was absolute glorious, truths of God and His Spirit was just showered on me and I enjoyed and rejoiced in it.


While sleeping that night this statement kept on coming to me-"Is there anything bigger than Father God"-my response- "no Father nothing, You are bigger than everything; You are Creator of the heavens and earth, You keep the galaxies and know the stars by name, but most important You formed me and know my name". I believe my Lord and I knew immediatly that I choose to praise Him and receive His Word in my spirit. I cursed and spoke to that ungodly spirit which manifested in my body to steal, kill and destroy in the Name of Jesus.
I woke up and had the urge in me to read Psalm 23... oh! what a glorious time. God's peace just flooded me and I kept reading Ps 24 & 25. God also spoke to me from the book of Hebrews 1.


I was so blessed on the day thereafter, my daughter's friend and my spiritual child from South Africa's days; called me and wanted to pray with me. I was so glad and blessed because of how God is watching over her and taught her to use His Word in such a powerful way - John 14:27.


Friends of our church came and it was such special time of prayer and declaring the Word of the Lord.
Psalm 36:5-9; Proverbs 10:2.


My one son came this weekend from London to be with us all as an extended family together and gave me Ezekiel 37:1-14. My daughter's husband cancelled appointments in London to be with us over the weekend. We have shared the Word and listened to wonderful Word foundation teachings. My eldest son downloaded on my MP3 player powerful Word teachings and the whole Bible.


My family in South Africa took time to call and minister. My husband Mum shared Psalm 34 with me. Family and friends in the UK and USA called.

Word from my SA friend in the UK texted me on 4-12-08 shared Mark10:27. My daugther reminded me God said to her - Be still and know that I am God.


I want to record God's spoken word to me in this manner so I will be reminded and able to speak His life giving Word daily.

Out of all this support, God's message of peace, resting in Him, His greatness, His possibility, Jesus' finished work, became very clear and settled in my spirit.

John 14:1 Jesus said: "Do not let your heart be troubled, you believing in God; believing also in Me.

I want to give Father God al the glory, honour and praise and declare my love for Him.

4 comments:

liefie said...

My dearest friend, inspiration, companion, council, and beloved - you are putting this blog together to record one of the most intense and extraordinary journeys that we have embarked on in our life up till now. In the 33 years that we have known each other, we have faced many challenges, many moments of truth, many situations that goes beyond our own ability and understanding.

As we sat there in the surgery listening to the concise and to the point explanation of what your condition is, I looked over you and in my spirit embraced this journey together.

We are not alone. We are privilaged to have our children close by. They have stepped in, stepped up and folded us in. We have many friends and family that will be around us. But more than anything else, our enternal and loving and faithful and mercyful and glorious Heavenly Father with the ever present councelor and coach and powerhouse the Holy Spirit and our intersessor and redeamer and saviour and healer Jesus Christ is with us, now, every day, every moment and foreover more.

This is the first days and the first few steps into the future. We decided to share this journey with others. May they be blessed as we are blessed.

your love

elbriedekock said...

To my most precious mom,
This is going to be awesome, your first entry is so encouraging and already lifting my spirit too. We are dedicated and committed as we walk this "Miracle Journey" with you and Dad. We love you so much. Love Elbrie, Marcus, Josh & Daniel

Elmien Cilliers said...

I love you, precious you are to Father God and me.

jackie.thornton said...

Great and Mighty is He, He knows and formed us, knitted us together in our mother's womb...
What a journey this will be!
Take up your armour and stand strong, trusting in the everlasting love of our Father... "for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future!"
Auntie Elmien this is such a blessing, you are teaching me even as you are learning. My Spirit is strengthened and my faith growing, and I know that our Father God has you under his almighty wings of protection!
The road is narrow, but open wide by the power of His everlasting love for us.
May you know Him now more than ever, feel His presence, be assured and know we are standing with you in faith!
Lots of love, Jackie, Andy, Tiffany and Luke xxxx