Monday 15 December 2008

Crossing the first hurdle

Last week Tuesday (9th Dec), my husband and I got ready to go to hospital to have a stent put in my oesophagus to allow me to eat solid foods.  When we arrived at the hospital, the doctor questioned us about how much I am eating and drinking.  As I am only able to eat a liquid diet he was concerned that I am not getting enough nutrients.  He was so impressed by my progress that he decided to send me home without having the stent, saying that agrivating the tumour would not be the best idea now anyway.  

We praise God for His faithfulness and goodness.  Thanks to my husband and my daughter that pumped me full of liquidised fresh vegetables and fruit and homemade soups my body has been responding very well.  My weight loss stopped and I am feeling full of life.  I am consuming my life with the Word of God and would like to share some of his truths with you.

1 John 5: 14-15 "Ask anything according to His will he hears us"

Before I went in to hospital God shared with me that perfect Love casts out fear, Jesus is the Son of God & He is perfect Love.  (1 John 4:18)

Whilst meditating on His word, God touched me and I knew that anything I ask in Jesus name is mine!  I believe the same Spirit that resurrected Jesus Christ from the dead has resurrected my body, my healing is my inheritance and right.  I speak to my body, God promised me and He cannot lie.

Through God's Word I learned that God is greater than everything we may face:
1 John 4:4 "He who is in you is greater than he that is in the world"
1 John 4:12-16 "His love has been perfected in us and we know that He abides in us and we in Him & He has given us His Spirit"
John 10: 28-29 "God is greater than all"
1 John 5:6-13 "The witness of God is greater"

I trust that you too can be encouraged by the Word of God and continue to grow in our faith as God is strengthening me and teaching me to believe Him.



No comments: