Sunday 28 December 2008

Crafted prayer from God's Word

This is a special time with you, my family and friends to share and communicate with you. Thank you so much for your emails, telephone calls, texts messages – at least I now has the opportunity to practice my mobile text messages…and use it! Hoorah! I hear from my children’s cries ringing in my ears – Mom (SA spelling) has conquered this skill!!!

Marcus, my daughter’s husband released her to be with me as much as she want and is needed. What a blessing so I bathed in the privileged to have our little grandson, Daniel – five months old - to have him around and of cause my fireball of a daughter. Cooking all kinds of new foods to expand my soup diet to more exciting stuff although still pureed!!!

Everyday is packed with the Word of God and actively renewing my mind. When I skip this or do not have that much time my hunger pains quickly appear and it feels as if I did skip eating my daily bread!

Kay one of the leaders in our church prayed to ask God about His heavenly report:

“I have been specifically asking God for the 'heaven's report' Jeremiah 23 v 18 report for Elmien, and this is what I felt.”


PS 103:1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

PS 103:2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits

PS 103:3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,

PS 103:4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,

PS 103:5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Verse 4 can also mean deliverance from death.

Kay wrote: "As I dwelt upon this I thought of how people can be thrown into prison through no fault of their own, through false accusation, but with intervention [maybe prayers, and legal action, or political pressure] they can be set free.
I am sensing your situation is like that, a 'prison' experience from which you will be set free, and liberated to liberate others.
I feel our response should be to pray this psalm as a prayer in alignment with God's will as a P.U.S.H. prayer. [Pray until something happens]
These prayers collectively and made in unity and agreement will build something in the spirit that will become a force against the enemy and see us through to victory."

God showed this to me that I am surrounded all over the world with a cloud of witnesses praying and supporting me (us), by the powerful Name of Jesus, our Lord and this is to our Father’s glory! You are standing there and cheering me on…”come on girl the victory of the Father is sweet!”

Please feel free as lead by His Holy Spirit to join in with Psalm 103: 1-5 as a prayer.


Amy prayed, a young newly wed blessing of a girl, Kay’s daughter wrote this email:

I prayed for Elmien this morning and I felt two things.

Verse one says: Praise the Lord O my soul, all my inmost being praises the Lord.
I felt like God was saying there was a command to speak over her body in praising the Lord. All elements to her inmost being to be in alignment with God’s freedom and to obey His authority by surrendering to his supremacy instead of trying to fight it. Obviously we know that Elmien hasn’t stopped praising God in her spirit and her soul but the verse says 'ALL my inmost being' and the physical are obliged to conform to the spirit.

Verse five says: Your youth is renewed like the eagles.
I felt like God was saying that an eagle has an unflagging strength and power that will come from the victory of this battle. The eagle is the top of the food chain and nothing preys over it. I believe that God was saying that this disease is like a prey over her, wanting to eat her up - but when this battle is fought and won she will have a strength about her that will be unflagging and that the enemy will not be able to prey over. She
will soar above any threat and be beyond destructive towards to the enemy.

A bit long again but my heart is overflowing to share with you. Amazing God because all align with cards, messages, phone calls, emails, etc.

2 comments:

Wynand said...

What a great blessing to read your blogg,know that we love you and will certainly join in praying Psalm 103 over you. Love and care!

Elmien Cilliers said...

Thank you, your are a blessing to us as well. Knowing the love and fire you have for the Father! Victory in our Lord Jesus is our motto!!!
Much love Elmien