Friday 29 May 2009

Healed in Jesus Name!

I would like to record this date 28 May 2009 a significant date of celebration! A celebration of God's goodness, mercy, power of His Word and the power of Jesus body to heal us according to;

1Peter2:24

24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

I quote the results of the scan…’The primary lesion is no longer visible. All the visible liver metastases have shrunk significantly.’
I am rejoicing and so my husband as we read the report and letters to us.
Some of the first Bible verses God gave me to stand on and I declare it to me on a daily basis were
Psalm 118:17 (New King James Version)
17
I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the LORD.

Psalm 103:1- 5
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Psalm 107:20 (New King James Version)
20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Throughout the last six months God’s Word never failed to lift me up and carry me every day. I am daily aware of the cloud of prayer witnesses God surrounds me with and I thank Him for you and your dedication to stand with us.

I also want to thank God for the medical team and His direction in certain decisions taken through treatment. They were always friendly and positive. I want to emphasise that the Lord carried me through this time and He is still doing it today. His Word will always be a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105 (New International Version)
105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

I will continue to rejoice in my Lord, join with me in rejoicing! I will continue to declare with my lips His goodness unto me.

Philippians 4 (New International Version)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I would like to close with joy in my heart towards my Father and His Word declaring the outcome of His promises.
2 Corinthians 1:20 (New King James Version)
20
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dearest Elmien,

Glory to God in the highest. You are such a tremendous testimony of courage, persistence, endurance and hope and faith. It gives me hope to continue to stand on His word in our situation and that God does answer prayer. He is also true to His word and your faith in all this gives me the courage to hang in there. We love you lots
Terry