Monday 5 October 2009

South African experiences!

I would like to share some real South African experiences in this blog.

My sister and her husband are running their own Christian Private School which presents the Cambridge Curriculum of the UK. The school accommodate children from pre-school to A-levels. Ninety percent of the children are from the townships and some out of more average and affluent homes.

What amazes me is the parents’ attitude towards education. Doesn’t matter how poor they might be or the difficult circumstances they have to face, their desire is that their children would be in possession of a final international senior certificate to ensure a better future. They will work hard even holding down more than one job to be able to give their children this opportunity.

Every Monday morning the school has an assembly where the children are introduced to and reminded of God’s Word and have the opportunity to praise and worship. My brother-in-law is more than the owner, accountant, managing director, he also ministers the Word. He asked me to present my testimony at the last assembly where the senior learners were present for the last time before they commenced with their prelims and final examinations.

The praise and worship was amazing, children so excited about Jesus and praising Him. His theme was ‘Prison Break’ and as he showed a DVD clip and used the story to minister to them I realised the privilege these kids in Africa have to meet and being taught about Jesus in an early stage of their lives…they are not doubting the Creator, of heaven and earth.

I shared with them how Jesus has brought me through this cancer ordeal and that I am alive because of His Salvation and deliverance through Jesus to me. I am also ‘breaking out of the prison of cancer’ I told. The little faces lit up with big smiles and spontaneous clapping of joy and brought great joy and big smiles to my face. You can imagine how God blessed my heart in these moments. Spontaneously we gave God the glory!

A month or so afterwards a young man walked up to me at the church where I join the family. He gave me a big hug and said, ‘You are blessed by the Lord and He has wonderful plans for you’. I received it and gave God the glory. I enquired about this young man from my brother-in-law. He told me he was one of the senior candidates, very confused due to circumstances in his life and he was present at the assembly where I had the privilege to bring my testimony. That morning he realised that Jesus is still in the business of healing the sick. He went to speak to their student counsellor who is also a devoted God loving Christian and this young man had his ‘prison break’ from dark confusion unto Jesus the Light of the world. I only praise God; even if this healing from cancer was only to reach people like him it makes my experience worth the while.

1 comment:

elbriedekock said...

We would love to hear more stories like this! This encourages and builds up the body! What a wonderful opportunity.