Sunday 23 August 2009

How do I pray the Word of God?

Below is an example of praying God’s word which in time will renew our minds up to a point that we will have confidence to open the scriptures with thankfulness and praise on our lips for what God has already done for us through Jesus. We can also use the Psalms to praise and pray.


Amplified Bible version – Ephesians 1: 2-14


I pray Father God that your grace, your unmerited favour and spiritual peace, which means peace with You Father and harmony, unity, and undisturbedness, is mine from You, my Father and from my Lord Jesus Christ.


I give You blessing, praise Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, who has blessed me in Him with every spiritual blessing, in the heavenly realm through the Holy Spirit.


In Your love You chose me, You picked me out for Yourself as Your own in Christ, before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy, consecrated and set apart for You. I am blameless in Your sight, even above reproach, before you in love.


You foreordained and destined me, planned in love for me to make me Your own child through Jesus Christ, the purpose of Your will, because it pleased You my Father and was Your kind intent for me.


My life will be to the praise and the commendations of Your glorious grace, favour and mercy, which You freely bestowed on me in my Beloved, Jesus.


In You Jesus we/I have redemption, deliverance and salvation through Your blood, the remission, forgiveness of our/my offenses, shortcomings and trespasses, in accordance with the riches and the generosity of Your gracious favour.


You Lord lavished upon us/me every kind of wisdom and understanding, practical insight and prudence.


Making known to us/me the mystery, secret of Your will, plan and Your purpose. And it is this, in accordance of Your good pleasure, Your merciful intention which You have previously purposed and set forth in Jesus, you planned: That in the maturity of times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, both things in heaven and things on earth.


Because of this plan we/I also were made God’s heritage and we/I obtained an inheritance.


I thank You that we/I have been foreordained, chosen and appointed beforehand in accordance with Your purpose. You work out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of Your own will.

You have sealed our salvation with the Holy Spirit, the guarantee of our inheritance.


My awesome, wonderful Father God my heart is filled with gratitude for this great plan of Salvation in Christ Jesus.

Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elmien you are ever the uplifter and bringer of the word and messsage. While we should uplift you, you have uplifted us all. I love you my sister.

Elmien Cilliers said...

Hi dear sister so good to hear from you. Yes God is good and I praise Him everyday because I am alive and well in Jesus name.
Psalm 45:1 MY HEART overflows with a goodly theme; I address my psalm to a King(Jesus). My tongue is like the pen of a ready writer.

Many blessings for you and Arnie
Elmien